Many people have problems with insulin. It means that their body doesn’t produce enough insulin or, on the contrary, it produces too much.
Insulin is used by your body to transport sugar from your bloodstream to your cells. Without sugar in your cells, you could not survive. If you suffer from diabetes, sugar isn’t carried properly to your cells, which if left untreated, it can cause a lot of damage.
Such problems may merge anytime, so you should test yourself frequently. You can do it in the easiest way possible: using Diastix -- a reagent test for urinary glucose.
Diastix strips are used for testing glucoses and ketones in the urine. This product works great because these strips contain a colour-sensitive pad with chemicals that react with ketones and glucose. The colour changes, which indicates the amount of glucose and ketones you have in your urine.
- in vitro diagnostic use
- the strips are disposable with attached reagent areas
- semi quantitative test for glucose
- can be used in any environment
Diastix is great for many reasons:
- accuracy of 99% of the results
- fast results (within 30 seconds)
- easy to use and interpret result
When to test
You should ask your doctor to find out when to test. Generally, this test is useful:
- during pregnancy
- during illness
- when urine glucose shows more than 2%
- under stress
Storage conditions and use
- has to be stored out of direct sunlight, at room temperature
- don’t remove desiccant form bottle
- use within 6 months after first opening
- replace cap immediately and tightly
- don’t use after unopened expiration date
Diastix is safer and easier than a blood test. It’s an easy test to take in any environment, so you don’t have to go to the hospital anymore.